Sustainability Goals for the New Year
Over the last couple of decades, evidence of climate change has become overwhelming, and industries can no longer dispute how commercial activities have contributed. Now, in addition to managing operations and increasing revenue, businesses must set sustainability goals as well. With multiple benefits from building a reputable eco-friendly brand to helping reduce carbon emissions, it is in the best interest of business owners and consumers alike to focus on a more sustainable future.
Steps to Setting Business Goals
Though it may not be widely known, the global renewable energy marker was valued at $881 billion dollars in 2020 and is estimated to reach $1.97 trillion dollars by 2030. At an astounding compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%, it’s a clear indication that companies and customers are dedicated to cleaner sources of energy. Once the commitment to sustainable goals has been made, it is important to outline the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Calculate Energy Use
Gathering data is key to setting any goal and determining your current energy usage will help identify the time required to reach sustainability.
- Advancements in technology allow business owners to use analytics from different sources to pinpoint the exact amount of energy being consumed.
- Energy graphs link to business expenditures, helping understand the amount of energy different commercial activities use.
- The ideal timeframe for accurate data collection is a 12-month period, as this will also account for seasonal variations.
- EnerSavings Inc. provides a free audit that will determine the energy consumption using detailed, precision equipment and every energy management solution is custom tailored to the business’ space.
- Plan a Roadmap
Having a destination is great, but the route taken to get there is critical to a successful journey. By identifying the sustainable goals, and planning the path to reach them, businesses will be able to track progress as well as determine areas of improvement.
- Integrating sustainability and energy management into operations as well as a business’s mission statement sets a core goal and yields better success rates.
- Potential goals could also introduce renewable sources of energy, such as solar or wind power, into daily processes to reduce GHG emissions.
- Incorporate solutions for immediate implementation and attainable ones set for the future. For example, introducing LED lighting within the first 6 months, while reaching to install solar panels within the following year. Both are sustainable long term and will continue to provide return on investment.
- Introduce an energy team to manage the procurement and execution of energy solutions for optimal utilization of resources.
- Choosing Energy Management Solutions
A great way for businesses to reduce operating expenses and GHG emissions is through the help of energy management solutions.
- Three primary utility expenses, those being electricity, water, and natural gas, are difficult to reduce due to continuous usage.
- Lighting solutions, water valves, and HVAC system solutions are ideal energy management services for businesses interested in reducing greenhouse gases as well as their operating costs.
- As electric vehicles are the way of the future, EV charging will help business owners stay relevant and including features such as power sharing and load management means multiple EVs can charge simultaneously.
- EnerSavings Inc. has perfectly aligned our energy management solutions with the Government of Canada’s goal for net-zero emissions by 2050.
Knowledge is power and knowing which energy management system, or combination of systems, will come down to each business individually.
Energy Management Solutions
Designed to help businesses reduce primary utility expenses and carbon emissions, there are multiple energy management systems to choose from. What’s even better is that they can be retrofitted into existing business spaces.
- Lighting Solutions
Something as simple as lighting is often overlooked as it is standard in all buildings, however, many are lacking optimal lighting. Businesses can benefit from introducing LED lights not only through improved employee performance, but for a multitude of reasons.
- Reduced lighting bills by up to 75% means enjoying increased profits.
- EnerSavings Inc. products are EnergyStar and DLC certified.
- Create an eco-friendly business space by reducing GHG emissions.
- With 50,000+ hour lifespan, maintenance costs will lower.
- Workplace hazards will be limited by a 50% higher lighting output.
- Using an automated system will result in an additional 20% in savings.
- Watergater Valve
Monitoring water usage within a business space is a difficult task, and to make matters worse, water lines contain air that inflate measurements. Since the water meter can’t differentiate between water and air, any air that enters the system through turbulence, leaks, and cavitation, gets included, leading to higher water bills.
- Condensing the air within the water line, less air travels through, allowing for a more accurate meter reading.
- Without air included, water bills will decrease by up to 25%.
- A one-time installation means permanent savings.
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty and 180-day moneyback guarantee
Follow the link to see the savings! https://bit.ly/3dy0Ofl
- HVAC System Solutions
We have come to realize the importance of indoor air quality (IAQ) in recent years and ensuring employees have a safe, comfortable work environment is critical. Business owners can ensure both objectives are met by simply retrofitting their space with an HVAC system solution.
- Boiler and Chiller replacement units yield up to a 50% reduction in energy bills.
- Enhance efficiency with automation through Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD).
- HEPA or MERV-13 filters can help reduce the risk of COVID transmission.
- Create better control throughout the building with zoned temperatures.
- Go green and become eligible for BOMA Best and/or LEED Certification.
- EV Charging Stations
With the Government of Canada setting zero emission vehicle sales by 2035 and net-zero emissions by 2050, electric vehicle infrastructure is more important than ever. Installing EV charging stations allows consumers, employees, and corporations to make the change to electric vehicles without worry.
- Create new revenue streams to existing income through charging fees and loyalty programs.
- Increase property and rental space value by upgrading for the future.
- Attract new, environmentally conscious customers.
- Help improve air quality for everyone by reducing GHG emissions in your community.
- Arrange for advertisement opportunities using digital signs next to the charging stations.
Taking the first step toward reaching your business goals and a cleaner tomorrow means adopting one or all of the energy management solutions, and EnerSavings Inc. is here to help.
Your Trusted Energy Advisors
EnerSavings Inc. is Canada’s leading energy management company, and our goal is to build a sustainable future. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, we provide service across Canada to businesses who wish to reduce operating expenses and their greenhouse gas emissions. Through lighting solutions, the Watergater Valve, HVAC system solutions and EV Charging Stations, we will help your business step into the future. We’ll start with a free property assessment and audit to determine your business needs and from there, our experts follow the six-sigma methodology, guiding you through the process from start to finish. If you’re ready to take the next step, contact us at email@example.com or through www.enersavings.com/contactus. You can also visit us on Instagram or LinkedIn for more information on our services. Together, we can build a better tomorrow.