Prioritizing Energy Management Solutions (EMS) in Business
There are many faucets to operating a business, plenty of which incur costs that only increase year over year. From general operating costs to utility bills including electricity, water, and natural gas, every business owner manages overheads on a daily basis. On the other hand, each business owner and operator have the task of finding ways to increase their revenue, reduce costs, and improve sustainability. Though the generation of business is important, it is equally as important to mitigate expenses where possible.
It is clear some reoccurring expenses are simply unavoidable and managing these expenditures is key to running a successful business. Creating budgets, tracking incoming and outgoing funds, and building strong relationships with vendors and suppliers are all great control measures to implement with the goal of managing costs such as stationery, insurance, rent, taxes, and more. While these procedures can aid in keeping costs low, there are further options with the potential to reduce a business’s primary utility expenses – water, electricity and natural gas.
Overlooked Expenses That Can Be Reduced
As each building uses lights, HVAC systems, and water on a consistent basis these utility bills account for a large portion of business expenses. It also means that they often go unnoticed when reviewing costs for reduction as many property managers and business owners are unaware of the ways in which they can increase savings. In fact, by implementing environmentally friendly options, businesses can lower their overall utility bills by up to 50%.
Energy Management Solutions
In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, more businesses are turning to Energy Management Solutions (EMS). Not only do they help reduce GHG emissions, but also operating expenses, making room for increased revenues. While there are a few options available, each business must assess which solutions suit their needs but there are a few simple solutions that could benefit any business in multiple ways.
- Lighting Solutions
Office, residential, retail, and industrial buildings are in need of lighting 24 hours, 7 days a week, in one capacity or another. Whether the purpose is for security, shift work, or standard running lights, more properties have incandescent or compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) bulbs providing light. The negative effects these types of bulbs have on the environment are cause for concern, such as using more energy and improper disposal, giving us reason enough to look for alternatives.
Myths about LED Lights
- They don’t give off enough light, and the light they do provide is poor quality.
- It’s expensive to make the switch to LED bulbs.
- They contain dangerous materials and are sensitive to vibrations.
- LED bulbs require time to warm up and don’t work well in cold temperatures.
Reasons to Prioritize LED Lighting
- The brightest and most efficient form of lighting, these bulbs can last up to and over 50,000 hours of use.
- Illuminating instantly and producing less heat, LED bulbs are ideal for environments that are required to stay cool.
- Lower energy outputs mean lighting bills can be reduced up to 75%. In fact, a 7w LED bulb has the capacity to provide as much light as a 60w incandescent bulb.
- Not only are fewer GHG emissions produced through use, but LED bulbs are made of 100% recyclable and non-toxic materials, such as lead and mercury, resulting in less pollution once disposed of.
- ADS Canada
- Victoria Manor
- HVAC System Solutions
Due to continuous use, HVAC systems contribute up to 70% of the monthly energy bill and since most systems appear to be in working order, they are often left without maintenance. Updating your system with solutions like a Building Automation System (BAS) or Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), can enhance energy efficiency and provide a more comfortable environment.
HVAC System Myths
- A common misconception is that HVAC systems don’t require regular maintenance, when in fact, having it inspected and services allows for peak operating efficiency.
- Most think filters only need to be changed on an annual basis. However, monthly cleanings are recommended for each month it is in use.
- Location, location, location. That is the location of the thermostat. Many believe the placement of the thermostat is of no consequence but if placed near a heat source, inaccurate readings can cause the system to overcompensate.
Reasons to Prioritize HVAC System Solutions
- BAS and VFD automate and regulate temperatures, including customized temperature zones, reducing energy bills by up to 45%
- Replacing Boilers and Chillers enhances desired temperatures and energy efficiency, lowering energy bills by up to 50%
- Lower natural resource consumption, get BOMA Best and LEED Certified to become a green building
- Prime Real Estate
- Crescent High School
- Watergater Valve
Inflated water bills have proven to be a continuous problem business owners face. Overconsumption is a major cause but what most are unaware of is the air contained in the water lines. These can be caused by leaks or tiny cracks, cavitation or turbulence and there aren’t many solutions available. One that is available, is the Watergater Valve, which reduces water bills by condensing air in your water lines to increase meter accuracy and a one-time installation means not having to pay for air, thereby bringing down your water expenses.
Myths about Water Consumption
- While you may think there’s no harm in a leaky faucet, not only can this be an indication of a bigger problem, but it means your water is constantly running.
- Water meters are supposed to measure just that, water and many people would have you believe that’s what they do. However, they also unintentionally measure air.
- It is common to believe the installation and implementation of environmentally friendly solutions are expensive. Although there is an initial install fee, the cost is mitigated monthly through savings.
Reasons to Install the Watergater Valve
- The installation of a Watergater Valve will reduce monthly water bills by up to 25%.
- A one-time fitting can be done by any certified plumber, no specialists are required, and a hassle-free installation can be completed within 4 hours.
- A 180-day money-back guarantee allows time to ensure satisfaction.
- The Vollrath Company
- Rockwood Holdings
More and more businesses are making the transition to energy management solutions such as these. Unfortunately, there are equally as many with apprehension due to fears of an expensive investment. EnerSavings is working to change these misconceptions through affordable solutions.
Cost Effective Solutions
A major misunderstanding of taking the leap to invest in energy management solutions is that it takes sizable working capital. EnerSavings has gone to great lengths to help make the decision easier for hesitant businesses through a zero-capital program, zero percent financing, and assistance in applying for government rebates.
- Zero Capital Program
Companies now have the ability to benefit from a variety of energy management solutions without any expensive upfront fees. Down payments depend on the inquired services, whether it be an upgrade or an update.
- Zero Percent Financing
in addition to no upfront fees, the leasing plans available at EnerSavings energy management solutions mean businesses don’t need to worry about monthly interest. Without the weight of monthly interest, savings begin immediately, and companies can be confident in their purchase.
- Government Rebates
The Government of Canada is proud to support companies working towards a sustainable future, aligning with their goal of net-zero emissions by 2050. By working directly with the government, EnerSavings helps maximize business incentives, having already awarded $2.5 million worth of rebates. To ensure the process is stress-free, EnerSavings handles everything from the pre-approval to the final application submission and incentive dollars are deposited directly into the company account.
Retrofitting a building with energy management solutions may seem like a daunting task, but companies can rest easy with the assistance of EnerSavings hassle-free 6-step process, promising a quick and cost-effective installation.
Get Started with EnerSavings
As Canada’s Trusted Energy Advisor, EnerSavings has extensive expertise in energy management solutions proven to reduce three primary utilities – lighting, water and natural gas. Aiming to help businesses lower operating expenses, as well as GHG emissions through the installation of energy management solutions, EnerSavings goal is to meet Canada’s 2050 goal of net-zero emissions. With business financing plans and government rebates, EnerSavings wants the process to be as seamless as possible. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.enersavings.com to learn more.